The School has a mandate to provide foundational training for students from all the schools in UHAS. To deliver this, the School is made up of three Departments to deliver the various disciplines.
Bismarck Dinko PhD (Lecturer & HoD)
BSc, (K’si), PhD (London)
Current research falls under three themes: Plasmodium falciparum gametocyte biology and immunity, immune evasion by malaria parasites and molecular diagnosis of parasitic infections. The following projects are active in the lab:
Daniel Abaye (Lecturer & Ag. HoD)
- Applications of GC/MS, LC/MS/MS, and methods development in health, pharmaceuticsand nutrition; environmental health.
- Small molecule characterisation; combinatorial chemistry and mass spectra
- Quality of drugs (e.g. artemisinin-derivatives).
Dorvlo, Kofi Godknows Eric (Senior Lecturer & Ag. HoD)
- Verba Africana project funded by Leiden University Department of Internationalisation to document Ewe stories in Ghana for use as E-learning materials both by native speakers of Ewe in Ghana and by those who use Ewe as a second language in these minority language areas.
- Code switching in West Africa and Grammatical outcomes from the contact of languages in Ghana.
- Language use of people in minority language areas, Funded by African Humanities Project in 2010.